natcleary

Book Lovers Life

I'm a mother and wife but mainly a bookaholic. I read mostly Dystopian, Post Apocalyptic, Urban Fantasy, Fantasy and anything Paranormal.
Shadows  - Ilsa J. Bick Bick delivers another gory action packed book.
I'm glad I had Ashes fresh into my mind going into this. There were so many different POV and things happening that if I hadn't of read Shadows straight away, I could of found it confusing. Shadows picks up where Ashes left off Alex has escaped Rule but is she any better off? We don't see as much of Alex in Shadows which I found a bit disappointing. I really liked her and the strength she has. What we do see of her is heartbreaking. She has so many things to deal with in Shadows but even when the people she is with take the easy way out she keeps fighting and trying to survive.
Tom is alive and ready to find Alex but his journey isn't exactly a picnic. With bounty hunters, Chuckies and people he thought he could trust gunning for him, his journey is fraught with danger. We don't get to see anything of Ellie in Shadows so your left with the question of what happened? I'm sure it will all come together in the final book.
What is happening with Peter is disturbing to say the least. His captors are so mysterious and evil and I'm dying to see where the author will take this. Even with the multiple POV I still really liked this book but I was confused some of the time trying to figure out who was talking.
Shadows is another book that's gory, bloody, disgusting, nail biting and horrifying book. When I was reading it I was thinking "OMG" and "Eww" and "I have to keep reading to see what happens"!!! It is a descriptive, action packed, heartbreaking, edge of your seat book. Im starting book 3 now and am looking forward to seeing how it all ends.