natcleary

Book Lovers Life

I'm a mother and wife but mainly a bookaholic. I read mostly Dystopian, Post Apocalyptic, Urban Fantasy, Fantasy and anything Paranormal.

Land of No Angels

Land of No Angels - N.R. Wick I won a copy of this from Elle Casey's blog, so thanks so much to her and the author.
In a world Where Demons have wiped out most of the population, 2 sisters struggle to survive. Rebecca and Errol have been scavenging and even eating Demons. Forced to live in a storm shelter and hide for the past year,they don't know if there's anyone else alive. On the night they hear a baby cry everything changes for them. Errol is attacked by a Demon, but saved from being killed by Fox. She is badly hurt and ends up getting poisoned from the claw marks.
Fox tells them the only way to save Errol is to go to the witches. On the way they meet Carter, who is handsome and charming. The witches tell them to save Errol they must locate 2 herbs and the blood of a specific Demon. What follows next is a roller coaster ride of action, adventure, loyalty, betrayal and maybe even the start of a romance.
I really enjoyed The Land Of No Angels. The world that's created in this book is dark and bleak. Rebecca and Errol are such likeable characters. Rebecca isn't totally kick ass but she can hold her own. She's frightened but not afraid to step up when needed. Not once during the book did I wish for it to be over and I'm looking forward to reading more in this series. The only down side was I'd like a little more Demon activity other than that its a well written story and I can recommend to anyone who enjoys Post Apocalyptic books or anyone who loves Paranormal books.