natcleary

Book Lovers Life

I'm a mother and wife but mainly a bookaholic. I read mostly Dystopian, Post Apocalyptic, Urban Fantasy, Fantasy and anything Paranormal.
All These Things I've Done  - Gabrielle Zevin Blurb from goodreads.
Sixteen year-old Anya becomes the head of a mafia family after her parents are both murdered by rival gangs. Although Anya is embrolied in the criminal world, she is determined to keep her brother and sister out of the mafia family, but her father's relatives aren't so keen to let them go. When Anya's violent ex-boyfriend is poisoned with contaminated chocolate – chocolate that is produced illegally by Anya's mafia family – she is arrested for attempted murder and sent to the notorious jail on Manhattan Island.

Eventually she is freed by the new D.A. in town, who believs she has been framed. But this D.A. is the father of Win, a boy at school to whom Anya feels irresistibly drawn, and her freedom comes with conditions. Win's father wants to be mayor, and he can't risk having his ambition jeopardised by rumours spreading that his son is seeing a member of a notorious crime family. Anya knows she risks the safety of her family by seeing Win again, but the feeling between them may be too strong to resist...

My thoughts
I really enjoyed this book. Its a dystopian world where coffee and chocolate are illegal!!! Anya is the daughter of a murdered mafiosa boss and she is trying to keep her family together, she is a really strong character.Her grandmother is dying, her brother was in an accident and has the mentality of an 8 year old and there is also a younger sister who she has to take care of. She would do anything to keep her family safe.
Then there is Win, his father is the DA and not happy that he is starting a relationship with Anya. Its a really sweet love story between Win and Anya. Win is definitely a heartthrob!
I loved the world Gabrielle Zevin created. I havent read many Mafia books and this is definitely a winner. It has action, romance, adventure and all you need in a dystopian mafia book.

4 out of 5.