natcleary

Book Lovers Life

I'm a mother and wife but mainly a bookaholic. I read mostly Dystopian, Post Apocalyptic, Urban Fantasy, Fantasy and anything Paranormal.
Untamed City: Carnival of Secrets - Melissa Marr Loved it!!! I love Melissa Marrs Wicked Lovely series. She can tell such an amazing story and this is no different. She has a way of pulling you in to the book. I found myself unable to put it down. This book is told in different point of views. First we have Mallory in the human world and then we have Aya and Kaleb in the Demon world.
Mallory is a demon but she is raised to think she is human. She knows demons exist and that her father is a witch but she is raised to hate and fear demons. She trains every day to kill demons and to be able to defend herself.
Kaleb is a demon who is fighting in a tournament in the Demon world to try and better himself. He is the lowest of the low and if he wins the fights, he will become a rich and powerful leader. Also in this tournament is Aya, the first upper class demon woman who has ever entered. She is hiding her own dark secret which is the reason she entered.
Both worlds intersect in this stunning novel. Mallory meets this mysterious dark stranger who happens to show up when she least expects it. She finds herself having feelings towards Kaleb.
I loved both worlds that Melissa Marr created, The demon world is so dark and the Carnival Of Souls is a place where every bad thing you can think of happens. Its a story that after I read it I found myself still thinking about it and wanting to jump back into the story. i cant wait for book 2.