natcleary

Book Lovers Life

I'm a mother and wife but mainly a bookaholic. I read mostly Dystopian, Post Apocalyptic, Urban Fantasy, Fantasy and anything Paranormal.
Dreamdark: Blackbringer  - Laini Taylor
In a world where most of the faeries have forgotten most of their history and are content to live in ignorance of the world, there is one faerie who is fighting to keep the devils at bay. Magpie Windwitch is a tiny faerie with a big heart. She dreams of being like her idol Bellatrix and help keep the world safe. When she finds an abandoned boat with missing mannies on it, she knows something terrible has been released into the world. She must do all she can to save her friends and family.
I loved Laini Taylor's Daughter Of Smoke and Bone so when I saw this I had to get it to try. I wasn't disappointed. Laini Taylor doesn't just tell a story, she weaves it. She draws you into her world with her rich descriptions and mesmerizing characters. While it took me a little while to get used to the writing style, it didn't detract from the story at all. The faeries in Blackbringer may be small but they are fierce. I loved everything about this book and am eagerly diving into book 2 now.