natcleary

Book Lovers Life

I'm a mother and wife but mainly a bookaholic. I read mostly Dystopian, Post Apocalyptic, Urban Fantasy, Fantasy and anything Paranormal.
Blood Will Tell - Samantha Young This is a reread for me. I first read this about a year and a half ago and fell in love with it, well this read is no different.
Edens family are soul eaters, they have to take a bit of soul from someone in order to live but her Mother and Father take it to the extreme. They don't just take a bit of soul, they kidnap and torture their victims and enjoy it. Eden hates them for it. She knows she is different because she cant bare the thought of hurting someone. She dreads the day when her Hunger Awakens.
Noah is the new kid in town and is determined to make friends with Eden. She learns to trust him but unfortunately he Awakens the hunger in her. She has to fight her desire all the time around him. He ends up being her best friend but is he who she thinks he is?

This book deals with a lot of tough things. Edens father is basically evil and Eden struggles with the idea that she has to kill someone on her Awakening ceremony. She has to see everyday her parents enjoyment of hurting and killing people. I loved Edens character because she fights her nature to be good even when she has her family pressurizing her to do bad things. She is one tough cookie. Noah is handsome but caring and really makes Eden feel good about herself. He knows that deep down Eden is a good person.
I've never read about soul eaters before and thoroughly enjoyed the story. Its so different and Samantha Young really brings the book alive. I was really rooting for Eden and found myself feeling for her when a certain thing happens to her. She has so much hurt inside and has to deal with a lot of bad things but she is so strong and brave that all I wanted to do was jump in the pages and hug her. Blood Will Tell had me crying and on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens to Eden. Noah and Eden are some of my favourite characters and the soul eater world is one of death, depravity and hatred but its a world I have no problem diving into again. I could gush some more but all I'm going to say is that if you haven't read this then you really should. Its amazing and so is the author.