natcleary

Book Lovers Life

I'm a mother and wife but mainly a bookaholic. I read mostly Dystopian, Post Apocalyptic, Urban Fantasy, Fantasy and anything Paranormal.
Curse of the Broomstaff - Tyler Whitesides When I started this series with my kids their first thought was how can a book about janitors that takes place in a school be good? I had to laugh at their reasoning. Well we have read all 3 and that says alot. They really enjoyed each and every one.

My boys loved that this book was action packed. We see some new characters in Curse Of The Broomstaff and new weapons. Who wouldn't love a spray that turns things to glass!! Who would of thought a book with so much trash in it would be so good!!

Both Spencer and Daisy grow as characters and my boys loved that they were so involved in trying to win the war against the BEM. The kids along with their little band of helpers have new challenges and creatures to fight. I loved the fact that the main idea of the war was that the BEM were trying to stop kids learning but the kids were fighting to stop them. It sent a strong message that learning is good.

While the books are for kids I still enjoyed them. My boys have recommended them to their friends and say that the books have plenty of magic, action, adventure, twists and turns and fight scenes. The books were faced paced and kept my kids interested and wanting more. To me that's what makes a great read for kids. Id recommend to any parent whose child loves books.