natcleary

Book Lovers Life

I'm a mother and wife but mainly a bookaholic. I read mostly Dystopian, Post Apocalyptic, Urban Fantasy, Fantasy and anything Paranormal.

Full Blooded (Jessica McClain, #1)

Full Blooded (Jessica McClain, #1) - Amanda  Carlson I went into Full Blooded not having heard that much about it. Well it surprised the heck out of me! I loved it. The world Amanda Carlson created was for me unique. The only female shifter ever! There has never been a female shifter born, the male shifters have kids with mortal women but only have boys. When she was born someone sent an email with what is called The Cain Prophecy, to Jessica's father. It says that a female shifter will be born and will bring about the down fall of the shifter race. As you can imagine everyone is gunning for Jessica's death and it only gets worse when she shifts unexpectedly the first time. It also doesn't help that she seems to be a Lycan, a race that hasn't been seen in centuries.
Jessica is a kickass character. When she leaves her fathers compound she becomes Molly Hannon. She joins the police force but eventually becomes a private investigator. She is a P.I for all things supernatural and can totally handle herself even before she finds out she is a shifter. When she shifts for the first time, her whole world changes. She is trying to learn to be a wolf and control it while fighting for her life. Every possible supernatural creature is trying to capture or kill her. This book is in no way dull!!
For me the secondary characters make the book so much better. Jessica's father, The Alpha, is one of the strongest Alphas ever. He does everything he can to protect her and keep her safe. Tyler, Jessica's brother, is loyal and a brother anyone can hope for. James is The Alphas second and is just swoon worthy. I loved his character, strong, fierce, sexy and loyal!! Then we meet Rourke. He is a shifter cat but nobody knows what kind. He is mysterious, serious and badass and I can't wait to find out more about him.
Full Blooded sure packed a punch. There was never a dull moment and I absolutely devoured it. With every kind of supe in it, magic, shifters, kickass characters, hot guys and plenty of action, you would be remiss not to read it. I'd highly recommend it and I'm looking forward to reading more.